Posted by Winning Web Design on April 21, 2010 | No Comments
Small businesses in the past decades had marketing plans that mainly involve advertising through flyers and direct mail. If the budget fits, then maybe occasional promotional events may take place. This approach has dramatically changed in a world where the demand for information is fast and where consistent advertising is rewarded. The ingenious birth of a website brought a whole new innovation to the advertising and marketing field. With a website, small businesses can now grasp the long-awaited opportunity to provide vital information and promote products and services in the most consistent and convenient way possible.
“WHY CHOOSE A PROFESSIONAL WEB DESIGN?”
When a businessman goes to a meeting with a potential client, his clothes, his communication skills, his actions and his preparation, all play a crucial role in giving a lasting impression to the client. Poor presentation skills, personality and appearance will show lack of sincerity and seriousness on his part. The same idea must be applied to a web design. Having a professional web design is a great advantage because it is specifically created to tailor to the company’s marketing needs and it is designed to spark interest and recognition in every customer contact.
“PROFESIONAL WEB DESIGN WITH A BOSTON FLAVOR”
Massachusetts web design companies such as Winning Interactive provide custom affordable small businesses web design solutions. The good news is, this may be a true blue MA web design company but they also cater to the rest of the United States. They do not only create a highly customized web design and guide clients through the process from concept to completion. They are also committed to provide the following:
- Professional training on ethical Search Engine Optimization and copywriting
- Excellent web hosting and support services that includes website maintenance and analytics
- Marketing tools and training for search engine and Pay-per-click (PPC).
“PROFESSIONAL WEB DESIGN DEEPENS IDENTITY NOT THE POCKET”
A Boston web design true trademark is the ability to provide a professional small business web design solution with an affordable price tag. Small businesses do not have to spend so much to have a powerhouse online marketing and advertising presence. With millions of small businesses out there, one of the most effective ways to stand out is to establish identity and reputation through web design. Each small business has unique values and visions. Each has an identity. A Boston professional web design recognizes and highlights this identity. It is committed to maneuver traffic to each website through a distinct and quality approach, keeping in mind the clientele’s financing capacity.
“LET US KEEP IN MIND”
Since websites is proven to be a powerful tool, small businesses need to realize that like any other product or service that is marketed, presentation always makes a difference and that’s why web design is crucial.
Small businesses do not have to think small when it comes to harnessing the power of a website to enhance business revenue. There is such a thing as an affordable small businesses web design solution. All you need to do is make the right decision and look at the right place.
Posted by Winning Web Design on April 21, 2010 | 1 Comment
When you as a small business owner consult a web designer about building a website, you might get overwhelmed with technical terms and receive tools and services offers that you pay for but actually are not unnecessary. This may stop you from getting a quality but affordable small business website. That is why it’s crucial to come to those initial consultations armed with the knowledge of the key terms that play important roles in building your new website.
Given that you are familiar with what a website is and what it can do for your business. There are some important terms that you and the web design firm need not to forget to discuss.
- WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT – web design professionals link this to the creation of code and writing markup but the more common folks just simply defines this as general web related activities. As a compromise, web development can cover the simplest creation of web pages to the most complicated electronic and social network services.
- WEB HOSTING SERVICE – This is provided by a company that hosts your website to a server so anyone can pull up your page through the WORLD WIDE WEB.
THE ACRONYMS ARE CONFUSING
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization. It is basically a strategy to get the major search engines like Google, Yahoo and Msn to recognize and display your website link if somebody type in related words and phrases termed keywords. These words are linked to your business. One example is “summer wear” which can be a keyword for a clothing store website. Search engines have “web crawlers” or “spiders” that indexes text so that it can satisfy the search for information by the web surfer.
- PPC means pay-per-click. It is hosted by search engines, advertising websites and recently blogs. In a nutshell it is an advertising campaign that you as the web owner, sponsors. You pay any web searcher to click on an ad created to link to your website and business.
YOU NEED EXTRA PROTECTION
- Technical Support – This refers to an over-the-phone or online- chat customer care representative team provided by your web design and hosting firm. They provide assistance to web site maintenance. Companies like the Boston web design firm Winning Interactive includes this special service as an added value included to hosting fee and service fee you pay monthly.
- Firewall Protection – It is a security program installed in your server to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing, stealing and using confidential data from your website.
JUST A TIP
Everybody wants an affordable small business website, but nobody wants a mediocre work. What would make a truly quality yet affordable small business website, is a web design firm that truly understands and cares small businesses. Do not be afraid to choose a small and local firm like the Boston MA web design firm. Companies like these provide all the discussed services and features for a small business web design at a reasonable rate without compromising quality.
Now that you armed with the knowledge of the key terms, now is to time to make the decision as to which small business web designer to work with.
Posted by Winning Web Design on April 21, 2010 | 7 Comments
New small business websites can easily be swamped with problems just because owners are not familiar with several vital factors that should have been considered in the creation of a website. If you do not wisely choose the web design company that will work on your website below are the possible scenarios that can give you a headache.
SOMEONE IS STEALING OR TAMPERING WITH YOUR WEBSITE DATA
Someone who has specific computer expertise can to steal data if your website is not hosted by a secured server. It is the file host company’s responsibility to provide a secured data center facility and preferably dual-layered firewall security system. Security is vital for any small businesses website who would like to protect the integrity of its data. This is extremely important for E-Commerce website design and hosting.
WEBSITE IS VERY SLOW TO LOAD
Proper web loading speed and maintenance is the job of the file hosting company. Problems related to website properly functioning are inevitable but you should have technical support that’s fast reliable and accessible. An improperly designed website could also slow down the loading time.
NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE VIEWING THE WEBSITE
There is really no point of having a website if it is not visited. If there is not enough traffic drawn to the site, then that means there is no effective marketing campaign set up to make your website recognized. An effective marketing strategy includes a stable and well-implemented search engine optimization system that will make sure that that major search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing (MSN) will index your website and will let your page come out when someone type in the relevant keywords. You will also need Search Engine Optimization (SEO) service to target profitable keywords.
YOU DON’T KNOW HOW TO “TWEAK YOUR WEBSITE”
You want to edit some information or feature in your website but none of your employees actually know how to use the tools. What is even worse, you do not have the administrative access to the tools required to change the look and information of your web pages. In this scenario, often the best advice is to be proactive. In other words, go ahead and pre-purchase maintenance on your website. Often, a pre-purchase of roughly 12 hours of maintenance in the beginning will suffice, because this allows sufficient time for proper training.
A FINAL NOTE
Complications must be examined through its roots. It all goes back to how the website was designed and who designed it. A good web development solution is a complete one with a good backbone. An excellent web maintenance and support provided by Boston Web Design Firm should also meet small business’ budget demands.
Like fighting a disease, the best way to prevent major complications and problems from occurring, is to be proactive. Find an affordable yet reputable small business web design firm right away to ensure that problems can be taken care of effectively when they arise. With a great foundation and a great support team, there is no reason why your website cannot bypass the major headaches associated with website operation.